Review: Zune Is A Waste of Time
My little brother is in China for the next week. He took off with my new iPod, and I’m relegated to his Zune. He wanted the Nano’s better battery life and decided to be thrifty with 1/7th of the Zune’s capacity. Gut always told me this thing would be a hassle, but this is ridiculous:
- The software, while sexy, is bloated, slow and buggy.
- I can’t buy movies or TV shows.
- I have to use third party software (I have to pay for) to convert what I do have to a Zune-friendly format.
- That process takes hours on end.
- Turning the damn thing off requires holding down two buttons on the directional pad.
Plus: it just flat out cannot interact with my MacMini which acts as my media center. So I have to pull my media off my external, onto the Mini, then onto the PC. Easy enough on a home network, but still a step I don’t want or need.
Sign up for my newsletter.